2 Pride Close,
Railway Estate QLD 4810
Plan your trip
There is a range of transport options available to patrons for the upcoming match:
Walking is the best way to access the stadium precinct. The precinct is a short walk from the CBD (approx.1.2km), walk via:
- Lowths Bridge (closed to traffic from approx. 2pm on event days) – north of the Stadium
- New Little Fletcher Pedestrian Bridge – south of the Stadium
- New Reid Park Active Transport Bridge – south of the Stadium [Please note currently only accessible via stairs]
Free Event Buses
Leave the car at home and use one of the FREE event bus routes (free with pre-purchased tickets) which drop off at the Townsville City Bus Hub (approx. 800m from the Stadium).
- Route 1: Kirwan via Heatley and Currajong
- Route 2: Kirwan via Ross River Road
- Route 3: Belgian Gardens via the Strand
Show your ticket to ride. Visit translink.com.au/Townsville for pick up/drop off locations.
Taxi and Rideshare
- Drop off zones are located at Morey Street and Flinders Street
- Road closures and changed traffic conditions will be in place from mid-afternoon, please utilise the specified drop off zones
Please note there is NO public parking at the venue.
- Townsville CBD Parking – Ample parking is available in the Townsville CBD and surrounding suburbs – please abide by the new parking restrictions in suburbs surrounding the stadium for more information visit Council’s website
- Reid Park pre-paid Park ‘n’ Walk – Reid Park car parking is pre-paid via Townsville Council (this will go on sale 2-3 days prior to the match). Open from (TBC). Note: this is a largely grass surface car park, walk via Reid Park Active Transport Bridge [currently only accessible via stairs]. Download Park 'n' Walk driving directions here.
- Lou Litster Carpark Park ‘n’ Walk – The Lou Litster Car Park is located on Brodie Street (Hermit Park, no entry from Second Ave Railway Estate). The Lou Litster Car Park is FREE for ticket holders and open from (TBC). Please note walking distance is approx.1.3km via the Reid Park Active Transport Bridge [Please note currently only accessible via stairs]. Download Park 'n' Walk driving directions here.
- Townsville Showgrounds FREE Park ‘n’ Ride – The Townsville Showgrounds FREE Park ‘n’ Ride will open at (TBC) with shuttle buses to commence at (TBC). Car park shuttles will run 60min post match – please note cars must be cleared from the Showgrounds prior to midnight on match night. This is a largely grass surface car park.
- Please be patient and exercise caution when driving in and around the Stadium precinct pre, post and during events as large numbers of pedestrians will be present and changed traffic conditions will be in place.
- [Allocation exhausted] Patrons who hold an Australian Disability Parking Permit are able to book to use the Queensland Country Bank Stadium southern car park via a pre-booked service, please contact the venue team for more information.
- People with mobility issues (e.g. those who can't walk long distances) are able to park at the Townsville Showgrounds and can catch the free shuttle bus directly to the southern entrance of the Stadium.
- A dedicated accessibility zone for pick up and drop off is located on Pride Close at the southern entrance to the stadium.
Coaches and Mini Buses
- Pre-booked coach parking is available along Dean St, across from Central Park. Please contact the venue to request a parking permit.
- Courtesy and private buses (no larger than 22 seats) are able to drop off in the Dean St Car Park.
Road closures and changed traffic conditions
Please note the following changed traffic conditions:
Lowths Bridge (Rooney Street) will be closed from (TBC) until 90min after the event
Dean Street Car Park will be closed to the public from (TBC)
Areas on Saunders St and Boundary Street around the stadium will be no right turn pre, post and during the event